We get closer and closer to Minority Report every day. This is a silly example of how you could use facial recognition technology. But it's nice to see that's becoming available enough to do stunts like this.
I put this list of resources together for my Design Production students but thought it might be useful for others as well. This list of tools and resources helps them know their options and have an idea on how to start making freelance websites professionally. These are logistics of setting up the actual site, not design suggestions. The general process I gave them is listed below. If you know of any other good resources, please add them in the comments.
- Determine content and functionality (this will dictate development style)
- Determine development approach (Use a CMS? Build from scratch using a UI Framework + HTML? Contract development support?)
- Determine maintenance plan for site after you launch
- Agree to terms of project via a contract
- Buy server space + domain
- Design and build
- Roll in money
Collective legal guid for designers - with contract samples (Smashing Magazine)
10 Free Contract Templates for Web Designers (Mashable)
Calculating your hourly rate
Consider forming a business
Wordpress (.org - not .com)